Saturday, March 03, 2007

Dude, Where's My Car?


Well, I didn't get towed.



After two massive snowfalls in a week (at least 12 inches both times), if I had left my car in one spot for the last 5 days I wouldn't be able to find it right now. As it is evertime I've gone outside my legs get cold because snow goes up to my knee every time I try and get in my car.




Seriously though, I took a nice long walk yesterday during the second big snow, and it renewed my belief that there is no natural occurance as beautiful as a snowstorm. You can make an argument for a spectacular sunset, but give me some big snowflakes creating a blanket on the world anyday. Especially when it's just wet enough to stick to trees, powerlines, squirrels and anything else that it falls on. By the end of my walk I looked kind of frightening-probably helped by the fact that I did six or seven summersaults into massive snowbanks.




This winter started off pretty crappy, thanks to the damn El Nino effect, but with a nice sub zero strech at the beginning of February and these snowstroms things aren't turning out as bad as I thought they would. Now we just need it to start two and a half months earlier and last until April (or, as Calvin put it, "If I was in charge, we'd never see grass between October and May").




The photo is from Duluth, which is getting pounded even more thanks to the Lake Effect. Ahh, to have Lake Effect Snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there no justice?
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=2930749&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312