Monday, October 13, 2008

RS article

If you have 15-20 minutes, take some time and read this article about McCain that's coming out in the latest Rolling Stone. It's long-10 web pages-but it's in-depth and an important look at McCain's behavior during his life. Essentially it's closer look at the biographical story the GOP has made so much of during the campaign. It's a damning article, but well-supported and thoroughly researched. I wasn't voting for McCain before, so it didn't change my vote, but it did change my opinion of him as a public servant. I recommend reading it.

1 comment:

Pascal Mickelson said...

I also read this article recently. It definitely changed my view of where McCain is coming from, and not in a good way. Many of the things that I respected about him seem like they developed because he was forced to do so, not because he was taking a principled stand. I wasn't voting for McCain in the first place, but yikes, there's less there to admire than I thought.