Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend in Chicago


I just got back from an excellent weekend in Chicago. Most of my time was taken up by the Chicago Heavyweights Championship, which is a fairly large ultimate tourney that takes place every year just before sections. This is the second time I've gone (and the first with a team I didn't pick up with), and thankfully it was much cooler than the last time I was there.


But I did actually get to see a little bit of the city while I was there. Gregg, Kellie and I left the cities on Thursday night so we could get to Chicago by lunchtime on Friday. We stayed Friday and Saturday night at the condo of a friend of Gregg's. We weren't the only ones, either. There were six people sleeping on futons or the floor of that condo. Fortunately the floor plan was pretty open and there was plenty of space. I was very impressed by the absolutely beautiful view from the balcony, made more impressive by the storm front coming in from the North.


So after getting in for an excellent lunch at a vegan restaurant, we ended up walking into Union Station with a stop at a bar for a glass of amazingly (expensive) trappist ale and later that night riding the L to pick up a massive order of sushi for dinner. All in all a pretty good Chicago experience for only one afternoon.

No comments: