Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lost in Lost

So tonight was Lost's first new episode since November. And for those of you who don't watch this show, I say to you now that you are fools. Fortunately for you, you can buy the first season on dvd and download all the 2nd season episodes so far off itunes, as my esteemed colleague Mr. Hanberg did. I'm already putting this episode in my top three for the season so far, and the trailer for next week was massively teasing. But for the love of god, don't try to jump into the middle. This is a show that builds on itself as you watch, and its so fricking good that you actually won't mind spending something like $60-$70 to catch up.

Also, there was a "review" episode on before the new episode, so people who haven't watched the show can get a general sense of what's going on. I saw some of it, and it featured worst example of a deep voice-over I have ever heard. It wasn't that the voice was bad, it's just that aside from being totally unnecessary, the writing was horrific. Whoever came up with that idea and wrote the dialogue should be fired so they can move to Wisconsin to work in the dairy industry, because they obviously feel there isn't enough cheese in the world.

Anyway, and excellent episode of a great show. I can't wait for next week.

No comments: