Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Damn Damn Damn

I'm a big fan of Kevin Smith's movies. Hell, I even thought Jersey Girl was ok. And I also love the Evening with Kevin Smith dvds that have come out over the last few years. Not only do they contain some absolutely hilarious stories (the Superman story and the Prince story from the first dvd are classic), but Smith is also more open and honest about himself and his relationships than pretty much anyone I've ever seen in a similar senario. Intimate details about his sex life with his wife? Done. Horriffic personal health details? No problem. And of course he lampoons himself left and right (albeit in front of an adoring audience). He's always funny, always intelligent and almost always interesting.

So naturally when I saw his name on the marquee of the State Theater, I was psyched. Until, that is, I noticed the date that he'll be here: September 17th, a week after I leave for England. Suck.

Although I did just discover he'll be in London on the 10th of October. Hmmm...

No comments: