Saturday, March 04, 2006

Help!

I'm man enough to admit when I have a problem. Unless it involves opening something, lifting something, or getting directions to somewhere. But I can admit this: I'm addicted to itunes.

It just happened so fast. I knew when I got my new computer for X-mas that I'd get itunes, because I'd seen it on friend's computers and it looked easy to use, with a good number of options. I also liked the idea of being able to buy songs for a buck (as opposed to paying a monthly fee, which I'm always wary of). But after using it for a couple months now, I'm starting to get scared.

It's just so damn easy. I think I've bought like 6 or 7 songs in the past two weeks. And there's no reason to stop, because that's still only like $7, i.e. massively affordable. I loved downloading free music from the various file sharing systems along with everyone else in college, but with the demise of a lot of those programs, combined with the fact that itunes downloads the songs in like 2 seconds with predictable quality, I have no problem with paying for music. But now I'm afraid I may not be able to stop. Help! Help me before I spend money I can easily afford on music I like again!


ps Just in case you're wondering what I've bought recently, here's a list:
Bom Bom Bom-Living Things
Nth Degree-Morningwood
Gold Lion-Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Come Baby Come-K7
Nothing is Wrong-Gomez
The Road Leads where its Lead-Secret Machines
Beautiful-Moby
Aint No Easy Way-Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Three Strange Days-School of Fish
All Mixed Up-311

No comments: