Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Kong is King

King Kong comes out on DVD today, in single disc and two disc "special edition" versions. But because I know PJ (not personally, mind you), I figured I'd look around online to see if there was a special extended edition planned, a la LotR. And indeed, in this interview, PJ says that they're just waiting for Universal's OK to start putting it together for later this year (hmm, what time of year did the LotR ones come out again?). Also, he mentions that the super-happy-fun LotR ginormous box set will be something that will probably happen when the new HD DVD systems get launched. If you've never heard me describe the Character Farewells that Barry Osborn showed a theater full of people at the end of a speech, well...you're missing out on a five to ten minute ramble that ends with me saying they're the funniest damn things ever and I want to own them. Word is that they would be included on this hypothetical box set.

*Sigh* Looks like New Line is going to be getting another $100 or so off me in the next five years.

No comments: