Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Back in MN

I returned from my annual Hajj last Friday. Many thanks to Mr. Hanberg, who was as always an excellent host. We spent two nights at his parent's cabin, where as always we played many games of both skill and luck. I couldn't buy a decent cribbage hand, but I did manage to take the two games of chess we played once we got back to Tacoma. He also took me to a Mariners game (absolutely amazing seats) where we saw them get shut out by Bartolo Colon and the Angels, and then we snuck in to an early screening of Pirates 2, which was excellent even from the second row, stage left.

Naturally, I went to another screening of P2 24 hours later with Java, Caleb and Carl. And seeing the movie twice in rapid succession like that, I noticed something. You twice see a heart-shaped locket in Davy Jones' possession (which playes music as well), but what you probably missed is that you've already seen one in the movie before. The first time Will, Jack and the gang visit the weird voodoo lady, Jack steals a ring off her table when she's getting him a jar of dirt. Sitting next to the ring on the table is a heart-shaped locket exactly like the one you later see Jones with. Coincidence? Joe thinks not. Let the speculation for Pirates 3 begin!

2 comments:

Erik said...

Dude, that special screening was a secret! What if some studio boss were reading your blog and said, wait a second ... Harvey Weinstein or Steve Jobs could be reading right now!

Joe Kreuser said...

don't worry. I changed the names to protect the innoncent. Also, no one reads my blog.