Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Best Captain Ever?


So how did my Ultimate team, TBA, fair in its first tourney of the season two weekends ago at GAC?

Well, we went 4-2, winning the four games against the teams we were clearly better than, and losing the two games we played against teams that were at our competitive level. But we did have some positive signs that we are starting to gel as a team, which is good.

But more importantly, at my first tournament as captain, the team became famous. That's right, the literary giant that is the Mankato Free Press deigned to recognize us in print. I take full credit by way of a very simple formula.

Last year: Joe not captain. Articles written about TBA=0.
This year: Joe is captain. Articles written about TBA=1.

I don't think you need a math degree to see that that formula makes a lot of sense. As if that wasn't enough, we were also on TV.

Certainly puts me in the running for captain of the year, doesn't it?

No comments: