Saturday, May 27, 2006

I'm Apprehensive


For months what I heard about X-Men: The Last Stand was not good. The main problem seemed to be that Fox executives held a personal grudge against Bryan Singer for leaving the project to do Superman Returns, which led them to decide that they would show him, and that the movie would not only go ahead, it would come out before Singer's damn Superman movie. This led to a rushed production schuedule, which you don't want to do on this sort of movie. It also led to directorial problems, with Brett Ratner (of Rush Hour fame) ultimately getting the nod. Needless to say, Geekdom was not pleased.

So I'm going to the movie in a few hours. What I've heard so far is, fortuneately, not "Sweet Jebus, I'd rather be kicked in the nads than see that again," or even "Brett Ratner was a worse selection than Mario Williams." I've heard mixed-to-semi-positive reviews, but beyond that I've heard that it's a good movie for people unfamiliar with the comics. People familiar with the X-mythos seem to not like the movie so much.

Damn, it sucks to be me.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: