Monday, September 28, 2009

And Here We Go

Tomorrow I have the first class of my master's course. It's called Editorial Management, which should be interesting. I really have no idea what to expect-I don't know what we're going to be doing, I don't know how the class will be run, and I'm not entirely sure where we're meeting (well, maybe I have some idea). In any case, it should be exciting.

Over the last week I've tried to get things set up in terms of my living space, my registration with the University, and my ability to quickly pick up accents-and not just English. There are slightly over 80 students in my program, and there's a very strong international contingent. So I'm hanging out with people from all over, which is extremely cool.

I've also spent some time walking around the centre of Oxford (I keep calling it downtown, but that's kind of inaccurate), and I'm slowly getting to know my way around in general. So far things have gone pretty well, but I'm looking forward to getting into the actual course itself. I've already had my first project assignment (looking at bookstores) and my first reading assignment (this article on the changing landscape of sales and marketing in the entertainment industry). I'll have class on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, along with Friday mornings, with various additional things on Wednesday mornings. Altogether not too bad of a schedule. We'll see how it goes.


No comments: