Saturday, September 12, 2009

From London

10 thoughts from my initial travels over the last couple days:

1. Iceland needs more frequent buses from Keflavik to Reykjavik.
2. Sitting in an airport for 10 hours kind of bites, at least after your ipod loses all its juice.
3. Jet lag sucks.
4. I keep running into people-when I keep right, I run into Brits who are trying to keep left. When I remember to keep left, I run into other tourists.
5. London is crowded on Saturdays.
6. London theaters are crowded on Saturdays. At least the ones I want to go to.
7. The Great Hall at the British Museum is astounding.
8. Reading Neverwhere while in London is slighly unnerving.
9. British keyboards are weird.
10. Pubs=Good.

I leave tomorrow for the Lake District, where I have no reservations and no one expecting me. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

Gregg Severson said...

#4 - Hilarious.

#9 - How are they different? When I was in Mexico, I kept running into problems because the keyboards would look like ours, but certain things would be programmed to be in different spots (like the @ symbol was no longer shift-2).

Caleb said...

I read Neverwhere in London too and it definitely added a whole new level of freakiness. Enjoy!