Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sweet Relief

The British government instituted new rules for applying for visas this year, which meant that I had to show proof, in the form of bank statements (essentially), that I had the funds necessary to study in England. Because of this, I was a little later than I would have liked in getting my visa application submitted. Since my plane tickets say I'm leaving next week, I was getting a little bit nervous that I still didn't have my passport back, since you have to send it in as part of the visa application. But today I got an email from the British Consulate, saying that my visa had been approved and my passport (with the visa in it) is winging its way back to me even as I read. Then there was a giant woosh as I exhaled and 4 of the 6 knots in my back relaxed. Looks like I'm going to leave for Oxford on time.

No comments: